JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - Posted: September 1, 2020
Reducing Prescription Drug Costs in New Mexico
Campaign/ Project Director
Health Action New Mexico is a health consumer advocacy nonprofit organization working for affordable, accessible, accountable health care for all New Mexicans. The office is in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Health Action New Mexico is launching a statewide advocacy campaign to reduce Prescription Drug Costs through the establishment of a state Prescription Drug Affordability Board (PDAB).
Job summary: The PDAB Advocacy Project/Campaign Manager is responsible for working with the HANM team, the project funder, and national partner to develop and implement a New Mexico tailored Campaign for maximum support of reducing the costs prescription drug price via a state PDAB. The contract is for approximately 7 months at 30/hrs/week.
- Organize and provide leadership for a Coalition of partners across the state to support the PDAB solution.
- Develop and support a statewide campaign and its strategic activities, organizing and leading regular meetings of the NM Coalition to Reduce the Costs of Prescription Drugs in NM including. Have organizations, other coalitions, community organizations, faith communities and local governments sign a resolution of support for the PDAB.
- Develop and implement the advocacy campaign’s work plan.
- Analyze state level PDAB policy proposals, draft policy papers, and related cost reduction policies.
- Work with the Coalition members on building public support for policies to reduce prescription drug costs with a strong media and public education campaign about escalating drug prices in the US and NM.
- Coordinate with the contract lobbyist, bill sponsors and HANM team for legislative advocacy strategy during the 60 day legislative session.
- Coordinate communication and media efforts with HANM staff, project communications partner and campaign partners.
- Five years experience in standing up and managing public policy advocacy coalitions and campaigns or comparable experience, preferably in New Mexico. Demonstrated in working with rural and minority populations.
- Strong analytical and political skills, including a comprehensive understanding of the political and legislative processes related to New Mexico health policy and the state budget process.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of health policy, and prescription drug costs issues .
- Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written, particularly with respect to communicating policy in clear and simple concepts for the general public as well as communication for policy level discussions with policy and professional communities. Demonstrated ability to write policy documents, etc.
- Post-college education is preferred, but consideration will be given to comparable work experience.
- Ability to a work a flexible schedule is required. Reliable at home internet and transportation preferred.
HANM seeks to create and maintain a diverse team of employees. Applications encouraged from persons of minority communities and people with disabilities.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to: info@healthactionNM.org.
Inquiries can be directed to Barbara K. Webber, Executive Director 505-508-6531.
Barbara K Webber
Health Action New Mexico
3700 Osuna Rd, Ste 504
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.