This year's open enrollment period has begun and will run until December 15th. Make sure to enroll in a plan during this timeframe. For help choosing the right plan for you and your family, use this comparison tool from the Office of the Superintendent of Insurance: https://nm.checkbookhealth.org/hie/nm/2019/?fbclid=IwAR2gB4QjO7Dw52AevkA5QA-e2E9BKj00K1KxFHanpc4Qt3IjoSO97UeSjfo.
beWell NM has also released this checklist to help prepare you for the application and for appointments with enrollment counselors or brokers. You will need:
- Basic information. Names and dates of birth for each person in your household.
- Home mailing address. If someone in your household has a different home address, you’ll need that, too.
- Social Security numbers. Enter each person’s Social Security number. If you leave this blank, you may be asked to provide more information at a later time.
- Information about professional enrollment help. Did you get help from a broker, agent or enrollment counselor? If so, you’ll enter some information about this person on your application.
- Immigration document information. Is anyone on your application a legal immigrant? If so, you’ll be asked to provide information from immigration documents.
- How you file your taxes. If you file federal income taxes, you may be asked about your filing status and who you claim as a dependent on your taxes.
- Income information. Enter employer and income information for everyone in your household.
- Health insurance policy numbers. If anyone in your household currently has a health insurance plan, you’ll enter the policy numbers. You can find this on the health insurance card or documents from the plan.
- Current Marketplace Plan ID. You’ll enter the Plan ID for anyone in your household who currently has Marketplace coverage.
- For Native Americans, a Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal Identification Card.
Please contact Health Action New Mexico or beWell NM for questions or assistance enrolling.