Applications for summer 2015 are currently closed. Please contact us for questions about future internship opportunities.
Requirements for Future Internships Include:
- Dental Therapy Legislative Intern - hands-on work preparing for the 2015 NM Legislative session, including researching NM legislators as well as the development of briefs, maps, infographics, blog posts, and other educational materials.
- Health Policy Intern - research current issues in health policy, with a focus on in-state developments regarding the Exchange, Medicaid, Native American enrollment. Will include a strong focus on preparing for the next open enrollment period.
Strong intern applicants have:
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Strong prioritizing skills.
- Knowledge of health policy including health care reform.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong commitment to health justice, social change and racial equity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Must have valid New Mexico driver’s license and car.
- Travel across the state is sometimes required.
- Spanish bilingual skills preferred.