United States of Care and Health Action New Mexico are seeking a Project Manager in New Mexico to support the New Mexico Medicaid Buy-In effort. Location in Albuquerque is strongly preferred. This is a contract position with United States of Care beginning in October 2018 and running through June 2019. We expect the work for this position to be approximately 32 hours per week. This position is located in or near Albuquerque, NM. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “NM Project Manager” and your last name in the subject line.
This contract position is designed to support the Medicaid Buy-In (MBI) effort in New Mexico. This position is funded through a partnership between United State of Care and Health Action New Mexico. This position will provide project management support to the broad stakeholder coalition leading this policy effort.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist further development, and manage implementation of NM Together for Health Care Coalition’s MBI strategic workplan;
- Serve as strategic and thought partner for coalition leadership;
- Inform and educate coalition members about evolving MBI policy designs options and implications;
- Coordinate grasstops and stakeholder engagement and strategic planning efforts;
- Represent USofCare and HANM publicly at meetings and with the media;
- Set structure for, and monitor progress toward, key coalition efforts including:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Policy development and evaluation
- Regular progress reporting to USofCare and HANM.
- Commitment to ensuring every American has access to affordable health care;
- Dedication to operating in a diverse, bipartisan, learning atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Ability to take informed risks, step out of your comfort zone and embrace ambiguity. Use organization’s collective intelligence to solve problems, weigh outcomes and take calculated risks;
- Demonstrated campaign manager experience;
- Demonstrated experience working with coalitions and consensus decision making;
- Willingness to respect different points of view and balance innovation and creativity with the ability to organize in order to get work done;
- Entrepreneurial individual with interest and ability to succeed in a fast-changing start-up atmosphere;
- Ability to be self-directed and take the initiative on daily work;
- Facility for building and maintaining positive, professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to represent the organization, as needed, in interactions with lawmakers, media and other organizations, and the public;
- Excellent time management skills and the capacity to proactively navigate multiple deadlines and competing priorities;
- Close attention to detail;
- Demonstrated project management and issue campaign skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Foundational knowledge of current issues in health care policy;
- Ambitious thinking and exceptional work ethic.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “NM Project Manager” and your last name in the subject line.
US of Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.